The role of the Junior Data Analyst:
iDfour is an established Houston-based agency that harnesses the power of data to help clients reach their maximum marketing potential through statistics, storytelling, and strategy. For over two decades, iDfour has served a variety of clients from ambitious start-ups to the Fortune 500. We are looking for accountable, organized, and creative people to join our team.
The Junior Data Analyst position is a critical position providing hands-on support and analyses for client business intelligence, marketing, market development, and operations management. The data analysts works both independently and as part of a project team on a variety of solutions, such as data integration, data visualization, modeling, and measurement reporting.
A high level of abstract thinking is required to provide insights into complex problems related to data and data relationships. The position provides ample opportunity to grow your skillset and requires solid oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, critical thinking skills, basic to intermediate SQL skills, intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, and a strong desire to learn and grow. Compensation for this role is dependent upon skills and experience.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize SQL to extract data for reports, projects, end-user analysts, and other applications.
- Create efficient standard and ad hoc analyses and reports utilizing data from multiple tables bydata blending, leveraging SQL queries, pivot tables, statistical formulas, lookups, and functions.
- Perform data analyses to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Perform data analyses and translate that into business insights through charts, graphs, and slides.
- Learn basic retail-oriented GIS practices and mapping platforms (ArcGIS or equivalent)
- Work independently and collaboratively with a team of analysts assigned to a variety of projects including modeling, forecasting, and measurement reporting.
- Establish and maintain industry and product knowledge.
- Provide summary analyses in written and oral presentation settings.
- Other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Requires working from the office in Houston, Texas.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Science, Technology, or similar field preferred.
- Experience with SQL or equivalent: MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft Access.
- 1-2 years of working experience with data reviewing, reporting, and analyses with a balance offunctional (business) and technical experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills, along with a desire to derive data-based insights.
- Proactive learner, self‐motivated, strong project management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines with sometimes shifting priorities and limited direct supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to effectively interpret and communicate results.
- Strong client and service orientation and high level of passion for service excellence.
- Understanding of consumer-oriented business analytics and marketing is a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.