The role of the Marketing Account Specialist:
- A Houston-based data-driven marketing agency is looking for a Marketing Account Specialist. Reporting to the President and Chief Marketing Strategist, the Marketing Account Specialist is responsible for coordinating, facilitating, and maintaining all projects, tasks, and deliverables for assigned accounts. The Marketing Account Specialist needs to be proactive in keeping leadership informed of all marketing activities and deadlines relating to assigned accounts. The Account Specialist should be self-motivated, results-driven, and able to foster positive client relationships that produce continuous results and profitability. You’ll be the glue that holds the relationship in place.
- Day-to-day relationship management and liaison between the agency and assigned accounts
- Coordinate customer marketing projects and activities for assigned accounts; prepare and present status updates and reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the status, completion of tasks, and project deliverables using project management software (tutorials available)
- Help translate campaign results into graphs, charts (Excel) and professional slides (PowerPoint) to share with account point of contact
- Attend data analysis meetings; interpret next steps, tasks, and deliverables; add to project management software and update customer point of contact through regularly scheduled status update calls/video
- Serve as the daily point-person to coordinate and track account-specific requests, marketing campaigns and deliverables
- Collaborate with team members to identify and grow opportunities with customers
- Maintain successful agency/client partnership through every interaction and communication
- Assemble, format, and deliver reports on marketing performance for assigned accounts
- Proofread and copy edit digital content as needed
- Monitor email marketing campaigns in the agency’s marketing automation platform, ensuring results and status updates are made regularly
- Help organize, format, and assemble pitches/proposals for new accounts and/or assign accounts
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing role in a marketing agency focused on accounts (marketing consultancy or corporate marketing team experience will be considered)
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project Management software and Email Marketing software
- Able to answer marketing specific questions when a client asks for clarification
- Strong commitment to learning client business, marketing needs, goals, and industry
- Efficient with time-management skills – committed to deadlines and follow through
- Responsive, accountable, and adaptable as needs evolve
- Analytical thinking; able to understand marketing data
- Well-organized and proficient project management of deliverables associated with strategic marketing plans and programs for each assigned account
- Excellent communicator; interpersonal, external, written, verbal and visual
- You are a determined, results-driven professional with a reputation for coordinating and managing competing tasks and deliverables in deadline situations.
- You love project managing and are skilled at keeping others up to date.
- You’re a good storyteller, able to help take data from the analytics team and convey it to the customer in easy-to-understand presentations.
- You can step outside your comfort zone, always ready to learn new tools and skills.
- Outstanding follow-up and follow-through: you don’t wait until the deadline; you act in advance.
- Strong support mindset: quick to anticipate what’s needed and be proactive about getting it done.
- You are intrigued by marketing data and the insights it provides; you are not afraid of numbers.
- Active listening skills: you take direction well and can manage competing priorities
- Goal setter: you are driven by accomplishment; always aspiring to do, setting your own competitive goals.
- Self-starter without need for micromanagement: you don’t need to be reminded; you get things done.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
This is a hybrid onsite/remote work position. Work primarily will be in our office in Houston, TX. The amount of remote work will be based on client and internal team needs and job performance.